Along the path we like to visit from time to time, one of my grandsons (especially when he was younger) would tell me stories as we walked along. He found adventure everwhere... a hallowed out tree was the home of some small creature who was surely hiding from us in a different room of his home. Where I saw a felled tree covered in vines and weeds, he saw the resting place of some Indian long ago, followed by a tale of how he had been surprised by a passing deer who ended up being his dinner and new shoes. Every acorn cap, every fallen leaf, every unusual stick, every tree, every knot hole, every vine, every sound, every echo... was a gift, had a story, an adventure, a purpose.
I hope he never loses that sense of wonder in those things that God has placed around us to delight us. I hope I don't either.

2 comments:
What wonderful memories you've made with your grandsons.
Visit my blog - you've officially been Splashed.
Post a Comment