My oldest daughter and her son are moving very soon to Portland, Oregon. I hope they have a wonderful life there but I can't pretend to not be sad about them leaving. It's going to be very different for gson... he'll be more isolated than ever. And I will miss them.Our other grandson is going on mission again this year to Mexico in July. They are flying this year to avoid any border danger. They'll be teaching VBS again and he's excited about seeing friends he made last year. Daughter is having a garage sale to help finance the trip and I'm using this as an opportunity to dung out as much as possible and donate to the cause. I don't even know where to start. Believe me.
Hubby has decided to be my boyfriend again, sorta. Maybe it's more a cross between boyfriend and best friend. After over 40 years of marriage, I kind of like it. We can hardly wait for retirement. We've been looking at pontoons on Craig's list. We talk a lot about what we'll do and where we'll go. He's promised Maui for his retirement celebration.
The dog has been to the doggy spa for his summer 'do'. The kitty needs her nails clipped. Any volunteers?
God has taught me a lot lately. He's taught me how to keep afloat when I want nothing more than to sink because it's safe and dark and oblivious there.
He's teaching me how to let go whether I want to or not and in spite of how excruciating it is. He's teaching me that I am ok, regardless of what anybody says or thinks. He teaching me that I really can do all things through Christ, who does strengthen me.And so it goes...
1 comment:
Oh. My. Goodness! I didn't know they were moving to Portland. I know how much you'll miss them. On the upside that will make for some fun trips for you and Mike. With maybe a side trip to Forks, WA?
Post a Comment