
I've not been out of the house much these past weeks, haven't taken any day trips or been on a photo hunt so there's not been alot to share here. Hubby has been working lots of overtime... he'll actually have more overtime hours on his next check than he does regular time. I hate it for him. Yes, the extra money is nice but not at his expense. But this is always the way it is where he works... chicken one week and feathers the next.
I've just learned that oldest daughter and her son are going to be moving to Springfield, MO around Aug 1st rather than Portland, OR. I hate it that they are moving at all, but at least this isn't so far away. She's pretty sure she has a job there similar to what she had been doing here before she was laid off. Gson would like to live at the Bass Pro Shop, she says. haha I don't blame him, it's pretty cool. I think he will like it in Springfield and it's close enough for a sleepover now and then.
Other daughter and gson have been at a Christ in Youth conference in Illinois all week. They should be home any time now. They are having a presentation at church #2 (where daughter works) in the morning, telling all about the mission trip to Mexico. And I understand that gson (age 15) is going to be preaching and leading worship the next two Sundays during the high school youth evening meeting at church #1 and sharing some of his experiences while on mission. *wow*
Have to make this entry short and sweet... simply a record of events for the sake of posterity. I have a recipe I want to share later. Until then... God bless you real good!
3 comments:
I think Springfield is MUCH better too! The Bass Pro there is the best one of all the ones I've been to. They'll be close to Lambert's too. :)
I'm so proud of your mission loving grandson as I know you are! God is certainly working through him and I just know he's going to accomplish great things!
Looking forward to that recipe you promised.
Soooo much better to be close enough for easy visiting! I am quite familiar with Springfield, and OK Granny, I lurve Lamberts!
My husband has to do a lot of overtime, also. Makes for some rough patches in spite of the good side!
Will keep checking for that receipe post!
It sounds like your family is doing great things. My husband would do quite well living at Cabelas. He thinks a trip where we would drive from Cabelas store to Cabelas store would be ideal!
Post a Comment